1. Write a will. No really, do it. Right now. So many people never got down to writing a last will and testament, if only they’d seen how their relatives squabbled over what they’ve left behind…
2. Deal with your debts and chip at it while you live. Don’t burden your offspring or spouse with financial responsibilities.
3. Burn those journals. Yes the ones with the steamy love affair with the milkman or whoever. Your children don’t deserve to see you in a bad light after you’re gone.
4. Appreciate people before it’s too late, and let them know you appreciate them.
5. Missing someone? Call, text, send an email, a snail mail or a smoke signal and make sure they get your message. By the way this excludes your exes.
6. Have a memorial plan so you can go out in the style you want, burn in the fiery pits of the crematorium, or feed the Earth. Me, I want to go Viking style, in a boat in the middle of a body of water, set on fire.
7. Or, donate your body to Science where it will be cut up, poked, prodded, torn, but for a great cause. If you’ve lived a healthy life, why not become an organ donor?
8. Making peace with those who hurt you is overrated, let’s be honest here. making peace with the hurts is plausible and kinder to yourself.
9. Love freely, unconditionally and love again when after love has torn your heart to ragged pieces. Believe me it’s not the person, it’s yourself trhat you begin to accept when you’ve loved and lost and loved again.
10. Generic bucket lists are boring. Will i ever set fot on the Himalayas? I don’t know I want to but i won’t kill myself over it.
There’s so many things to add to this list but that’s 10 off the top of my head. Feel free to add yours in the comments section below.